Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder
~NATURE’S ULTIMATE SUPERFRUIT~ Natural ‘for real’
Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder is the first natural bio complex created, dehydrated and stabilized by nature. The fruit grows on the legendary African Baobab Tree, reverently called ‘Tree of Life’ by the African people who have treasured it for thousands of years as a source of powerful nutrition for dietary fibres and antioxidants. Your health and well-being relies on a healthy gut! Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder is stated as being
- Valuable in the prevention and treatment of gastric & IBS disorders
- Helpful in treating osteoporosis, varicose veins and hemorrhoids
- Excellent ingredient in diets for diabetics (notably type II diabetes)
- Great complement in diets for celiac diseases
- Extremely beneficial to anaemics, anorexics, smokers & athletes
- Helpful in fighting against the formation of free radicals due to its high antioxidant capacity
Dietary Fibres in our Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder
Sadly, the dietary fibre intake in Australia does approximate about 2/3 of the recommended daily intake for a healthy functioning of our digestive system.
On average, most Australians consume roughly 20g of fibre daily. The recommendation of The Heart Foundation is that adults should consume approximately 30g daily. Australian experts suggest that children would require 10g of fibre a day plus an additional gram for every year of age. (for exmaple: 10year old child requires 10g + 10g= 20g/day).
Professor Terry Bolin, gastroenterologist, states disorders connected with a lack of dietary fibres are:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Diverticular Disease
- Bowel cancer
- Raised Blood Cholesterol
There are two types of main fibres:
Both categories are needed by our system in our daily diets:
Soluble fibre – includes pectins, gums and mucilage. One of its major roles is to lower blood cholesterol levels. Soluble fibre can also help with constipation.
Insoluble fibre – includes cellulose, hemicelluloses and lignin. A major role of insoluble fibre is to add bulk to faeces and to prevent constipation and associated problems such as hemorrhoids.
Our Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder contains 45% of dietary fibres of which 22.5% is soluble and 22.5% is insoluble. 2-4 teaspoons will provide us with half of our dietary fibre requirement per day.
Baobab fruit pulp has been shown to assist in maintaining overall health and well-being, particularly the digestive, gastric and bowel system.
A healthy digestive system will furthermore aid the absorption of essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids and fortify the health of the immune system. We can utilise as many dietary & health supplement as we want but without a healthy functioning of our digestive system, our bodies won’t be able to absorb any of them. Our health and well-being truly relies on a healthy gut!
Antioxidants & Nutrients in our Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder
- 6x more Vitamin C than oranges
- 2x more potassium than bananas
- 2x more calcium than milk
- 2x more antioxidants than goji berries
- 6x more antioxidants than blueberries
- More iron than red meat
- Valuable prebiotics
- High levels of amino acids
- Extremely high levels of dietary fibres
- High levels of zinc, magnesium, manganese & phosphorus
This deliciously exotic fruit powder can be mixed with water or juice or added to smoothies, cereal, yoghurt, shakes or desserts.
Recommended daily intake: 5-20 grams.
Please note that these statements are taken from clinical studies and are not evaluated by the TGA.